Our Commitment to You
- Offering the highest quality medical and surgical care
- Enhancing pets’ lives and strengthening the human-animal bond through client education
- Seeking the latest advancements and techniques in veterinary medicine
- Maintaining open, honest, and sincere communication
- Serving every client and patient with compassion and respect
- Partnering with pet parents to meet each patient’s unique needs
Dr Koothan, DVM, MVSc( Microbiology), PhD ( Reproductive Biology)
Graduated from Madras Veterinary College, India with a DVM and a Masters in Veterinary Microbiology and Immunology (MVSc), Dr. Koothan’s veterinary career began. Dr Koothan worked at National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi, India in Reproductive Immunology. His studies continued as he earned his Ph. D in reproductive biology from the Medical Research Council, University of Edinburgh, UK and later completed his residency at the University of Florida, College of Veterinary Medicine. Dr Koothan worked as research fellow at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Long Island, New York in the field of Genes and Memory. During his studies, Dr. Koothan contributed to numerous research projects.
An outstanding 18 of the research projects that he has worked on reached the publication level, being published in major international journals such as Neuron, Veterinary Record and the British Medical Bulletin. In addition to his publications, Dr. Koothan has served as a speaker for national conferences hosted by the Society of Neuroscience, Immunology and Reproductive Biology. Dr Koothan worked for Johnson and Johnson and played roles in Suture material development for surgery. Dr Koothan worked at University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston with infectious diseases in the Biosafety Laboratory.
Now Dr. Koothan happily works as a Clinical Veterinarian for Citi Animal Hospital where he cares and restores health for the loving animals of the Greater Houston Area.